Rustic floating life in Mekong Delta
Floating markets have long been an essential part of life in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta. As hundreds of colorful boats commute daily, the Mekong Delta never seems to sleep, making it one of Southeast Asia’s main attractions. Aside from the bustle along the water, the picturesque rustic landscape of local villages here gives visitors a real sense of daily life in southern Vietnam.
The most accessible floating market along the Mekong Delta’s waterways is Cai Rang floating market in Can Tho. Generally, the best time to see the market’s vibrancy is during the early morning. Vietnam’s Mekong Delta is also one of the most fertile regions in the country, so you can expect to find the freshest fruits harvested from nearby orchards. Boats filled with durian, star apple, rambutan, mangosteen, and pomelo drift by., You can also find other local specialties, such as fish sauce, coconut candy or dried fish. Even better, you can hop on little café-boats, eat a delicious breakfast and or savor a Vietnamese coffee.
This excursion is also a highlight as you can discover the cultural values and life along the Mekong by talking to locals and joining in daily farming activities. This tour includes a variety of activities such as:
• Visiting Cai Rang floating market.
• Cycling to a blacksmith family and learning how to make a knife manually while getting to know locals.
• Learning more about the culture and life of the Mekong by staying at a homestay and experiencing daily life here.
• Joining in activities with local communities.
• Experiencing one night at Mekong Rustic, staying in a bungalow surrounded by the lush orchards.
• Tasting the flavors of the Mekong, while enjoying local specialties and cuisine.
Contact Us to add this excursion to the Vietnam itinerary.